The end of festival 2009

I feel bittersweet writing this because I am so sad that TIFF '09 is coming to an end but I am already excited about planning for next year!


This was definitely my most memorable film festival because of the inspiring charitable initiatives that took place. Thanks to our sponsors and celebrities who visited the Lounge...

1,152 items/hours have been donated to various charities and 576 of those items directly benefit children in need.

This festival has been a whirlwind of Lounge, celebrity, parties and charity. My top 3 highlights of film festival 2009 were...
1. Helping bring much due awareness to 12 causes that matter - to both the media and the public that they otherwise might not be aware of
2. Debuting APJ and assisting in getting the word out about a much devastated country in desperate need of our help
3. On a lighter note, I loved fitting James Purefoy into his new Brooks running shoes. He certainly doesn't disappoint!

I want to give a special thank you to all of our fantastic sponsors: Sharpie, Goody, SoU!, Penny Protein Plan, Teva, Fila, Brooks, J.Rox, Kiehl's, Please Mum, Richart Chocolates and Deirdre Kelly and Paris Times Eight. Another huge thank you to Casalife who made the last 8 days comfortable and stylish, and made the IT Lounge truly feel like home away from home. I also want to express how proud I am of the NKPR team, who really showed their hard-work, dedication and enthusiasm.

Until next year's festival! XO

No comments: