Blackberry vs. iPhone

Our office is pretty opinionated- whether it be what to get for lunch (Sandwich Box or Le Gourmand?) or what music to listen to during a random dance party (Rihanna or Kings of Leon?) everyone has an opinion. But we can always come to an agreement. Except for on one debate: Blackberry vs. iPhone

Our office is pretty evenly split between Blackberry and iPhone users and everyone is extremely loyal to their prized smartphone. But which one reigns superior? Below, thanks to an office survey, I have listed some of what everyone loves about their machine:

BLACKBERRY
-Fewer typos
-BBM (it shows when your message is delivered and read, so no more of that “Oh! I didn’t receive it” excuse)
-Can increase the memory capacity at will
-Works even after you've dropped it/stepped on it/spilled FIJI water on it
-"Good enough for Obama, good enough for me"

iPHONE
-Sleek
-Bigger screen
-Plethora of apps for anything you would ever need (an app that turns your phone into a flute, that allows you to play Rock Band and Yelp, an app that lists all restaurants in the vicinity of your current locale)
-An overall all-in-one machine: camera, phone, mp3 player and day planner

I have a Blackberry but was being peer-pressured by iPhone users to convert to the other side. A bit of a commitment-phobe, I decided to try the iPhone as my New York mobile device. I definitely can see the benefits of both machines- on a Blackberry I can type a full proposal, and on an iPhone, I can be in Bryant Park and use the Bump app to share my contact info with Andy Samberg. The end of the debate? My fingers live in harmony between both the Blackberry and the iPhone. Check out where our office stands on this:



What do you think? Are you a devoted Blackberry-er or iPhone-er?

XO Natasha

No comments: