Sip for a Cause Part III

The Sip for a Cause event has come to an end...what a great day it was. Second Cup at Empress Walk sold over $2,000 worth of beverages to be donated to Camp Oochigeas. On top of the beverages, all of our incredible performers donated 100% of the sales of their CDs from the day to Camp Ooch. It was nice to see so many Second Cup customers connect strongly with the cause and made donations above and beyond their beverage purchase, which ended up totaling over $500. I really wasn't expecting to feel as emotional as I did. Seeing everyone coming together during the holidays, not to mention the personal stories that individuals were sharing with me, was so moving. I really believe that, together, we can make a difference in this big world of ours...whether it is one coffee purchase at a time...or volunteering your time - do what you can!

I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped make this day possible. Second Cup for hosting the event and donating their beverage sales, Camp Oochigeas for doing what they do and all of the incredible performers who are now filling up my iTunes library (Jesse Labelle, Cat Tatusny, Ryan Casselman, Allister Bradley, Bunmi Adeoye, Dave Borins, Maddy Rodriguez and Victoria Di Giovanni). Also a huge thank you to the media who helped get the word out for the cause: CityTV, The North York Mirror, CHFI 98.1, Snap North York, Toronto Star and BlogTO.

It's our office holiday party tonight- sooo excited. I know that I am giving the best secret santa gift EVER!! Will share all the dets in my next blog post!!


XO Natasha

No comments: