Happy Canada Day/Fourth of July!

Happy Canada Day and Happy Fourth of July weekend everyone!

This is the time to celebrate what we love most about our favourite countries. Here's what I am paying homage to this weekend:

CANADA
-The people! A huge shoutout to my three favourite Canadian "Rs", Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling and Rose Crowther!
-The fashion: Canada has some truly inspirational talent that has placed our country on the international fashion radar- Greta Constantine, Joeffer Caoc, Phillip Sparks, Rita Liefhebber and Jay Godfrey to name a few...
-The New York Times Canadian Photo Archive: The images will take your breath way. There are 24,000 images from the past century...this is our history. It is a beautiful documentation of where we came from and who we are as Canadians and it makes me so proud that Toromagazine.com will be bringing a preview of these images, with curator Caitlin Cronenberg, to this year's TIFF.
-The poutine: All I can say is yumm...It's a problem that Smoke's Poutinerie is so close to the NKPR offices...


US
-The food: Because to me, NYC is the food capital of the United States, whether it be the pizzeria on the corner or a meal at Lure (my new favourite New York restaurant!), everything is amazing!
-The department stores: Nothing compares to Neiman Marcus, Saks, Barneys, Bergdorf's and Bendels!
-Apple: One of my favourite companies ever. Everything is so sleek, easy to use and practical. The latest quotes on my Twitter account (@natashankpr)? All from one of my 3 quotes apps- I love my iPad!

I'm spending this weekend in New York, but will show my Canadian pride this Sunday as I cheer on the Jays while they play the Yankees at Yankee Stadium! How are you celebrating your favourite country?

xo Natasha

No comments: