Hot time, summer in the city!


Wow…heat wave! How have you been coping?

The NKPR team has decided to embrace this summer weather by officially mandating that every Friday for the rest of the summer will be a "themed" day. What better way to enjoy the warm weather than to dress down....in costume! The office had fun with this week's nautical theme. Everyone got into the spirit of the day. We had everything from sassy sailors and fisherman chic to a classic yacht club look! My idea of nautical is dark navy on black. Check out the pictures to see some of the fun we had and stay tuned for next week’s theme.

Remember the summer’s you spent as a kid?! They always seemed to last longer than they do now. We wait the whole year for beautiful weather, why complain when it finally arrives? We just need to be prepared for the heat with a few essentials.

I have some quintessential staples that I need to truly enjoy the summer weather:

- I stay hydrated to keep cool and never leave the office or house without FIJI Water, my favourite bottled water!

-I keep Kiehl's sunscreen with me and wear face cream with SPF 15 everyday.

- Always wear extra goody hair elastics on my wrist. Most women with long hair would agree that hair elastics are an essential summer accessory.

-Keep our office freezer is always stocked with ice cream sandwiches, fudgesickles and my favourite, creamsickles. Who doesn't love cool ice cream on a hot day?

-My final summer staple is simple...great music! I love to update my iPod with a couple "summer playlists". There are always a few tunes that become your summer classics each year. I can think of some that represent different summers for me, and where I was in my life. You know you have a summer classic when you really don't mind listening to the song on 'repeat' all day long! Right now I can't get enough of anything by Bryan Adams.

I'm always looking for great new music to add to my summer playlist, message me on Twitter with your favourite summer songs! @natashankpr
I'd love to hear what's on your playlists.

xo Natasha

No comments: