The Black Debate

The debate of the week at NKPR: Black vs. H&M Black. It all started when Marissa was showing us her new dress, and I told her it was chocolate brown. Bunmi agreed with me, but Rebecca (who has a jacket in "H&M Black") took Marissa's side. Point of the story, H&M Black = Chocolate Brown.

I think this debate is really interesting as we at NKPR are so into black, that to be caught wearing something else would completely be violating our unofficial dress code. I used to have some coloured items in my wardrobe, but I found that they would remain on their hangers, unworn. Wearing black is just way more comfortable! I even choose black in non-apparel decisions: I have black labs, a black car, a black desk and a BLACKberry.

I'd like to provide you with the top 5 reasons to wear black:

1. You'll always look put together
2. Super slimming
3. Wearing black makes you feel confident
4. Black always matches
5. And did I mention instant street cred?

I must confess, I've been introducing some colour to my wardrobe. Dark navy counts, right? Thinking about trying the new black Chanel lipstick. What do you think? How much black is too much black?

No comments: